Magical Starlight Theatre announces auditions for principal roles in a special holiday musical production on December 11 & 12, 2021:
A timeless retelling of one man’s journey of reflection and rebirth.
Written by Charles Dickens / adapted by Paul Mapes
The production will be performed outside at the Naperville Riverwalk Amphitheatre in Downtown Naperville
The cast of this production will consist of youth (at least 4th grade or above) and adults.
Ensemble Role – No Audition Required
If interested in an ensemble role, please register through the Naperville Park District website using this link: https://apm.activecommunities.com/napervilleparks/Activity_Search/ensemble-a-shoppers-christmas-carol/61358
No audition is required for these roles. Actors are required to provide one period costume or pay a $50 costume rental fee.
Principal or Featured Role – Auditions Required
If interested in a principal or featured vocal role, please register through the Naperville Park District website using this link: https://apm.activecommunities.com/napervilleparks/Activity_Search?txtActivitySearch=auditions&applyFiltersDefaultValue=true&cat=Activities
Audition slots are available Friday November 5 from 6:00-8:00 pm and Saturday, November 6 from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm.
The deadline to register online for an audition slot is Tuesday, November 2 at 3:00 pm.
- Once registered for the audition slot, we will send prospective actors a piece of music from the show to learn. It will not need to be memorized, just familiarized and prepared.
- During the audition, prospective actors will sing the prepared piece as well as participate in readings from the script.
- The script follows the original piece of literature, so it can be used as a reference for audition preparation.
- Once selected for a role, actors will need to register again as a participant through the Naperville Park District website; at that time, actors will be required to provide one period costume or pay a $50 costume rental fee.
- Although all actors are not called for every rehearsal until Tech Week, the rehearsal schedule is as follows:
- November 8-11 from 7:00-9:00 pm – *ARRCC
- November 15-18 from 7:00-9:00 pm – *ARRCC
- November 29-December 2 from 7:00-9:00 – *ARRCC
- December 6-10 – Tech Week (All Called)
- December 11 & December 12 – Performances at 2:00 pm and 5:00 pm
* Rehearsals will take place at the Alfred Rubin Riverwalk Community Center located at 305 W. Jackson Avenue.
Principal/Featured Characters Include:
- Narrator #1
- Nephew Fred
- Bob Crachit
- Young Carolers
- Jacob Marley
- Ghost of Christmas Past
- Young Scrooge
- Young Fan Scrooge
- Dick, employee of Fezziwig
- Mrs. Fezziwig
- Ghost of Christmas Present
- Mrs. Crachit
- Peter Crachit
- Martha Crachit
- Tiny Tim Crachit
- Alice, Nephew Fred’s wife
- Mrs. Dilber
- Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come