Auditions for Seussical are this weekend onand at the Alfred Rubin Riverwalk Community Center, located at 305 W. Jackson Avenue (northwest corner of Eagle and Jackson Streets) in Naperville (enter from upper level). Auditions for youth actors (between 4th grade and age 16) will be from 1:00-2:30 p.m. and auditions for adult actors (age 16 and older) will be 2:30-4 p.m. both days. Call backs, if necessary will be held on Monday, October 31 at 7:00 p.m.
Some common audition questions:
Do I need to come on both days of auditions?
Do I need to schedule an audition time?
How long will this audition take?
It will at least take ONE hour perhaps longer.
Do I need my own music?
Each auditionee is asked to bring their sheet music. There is an accompanist for you. NO recorded music or outside accompanist is permitted.
What will I have to do for the audition?
- Sing approximately 32 measures of the song you prepared.
- An accompanist is provided.
- You may be stopped before you finish if the staff has heard what they need to.
- The Music Director will ask you to sing a scale to determine your range.
- You will read for the director a script cutting of the director’s choice.
- Script cuttings are available for you to peruse before you go into the room.
- You will be asked to participate in an acting exercise with others.
- You will learn a piece of choreography that will be taught to you and then you will perform it in a group.
- The choreographer may ask you to stay, if she would like to see more.
Check out the audition page for character descriptions and more FAQs.